CBC and other media need to recognize the following as true if we’re going to advance as a society. It’s likely to make them, and you, uncomfortable. Growth isn’t automatic and easy.
– Canada has committed genocide against First Nations people.
– Climate change has become a crisis.
– We won’t survive as a civilization this century without significant, yet still possible, changes to our daily lives. That means changes to our economy.
– The American President should not be quoted in headlines because more often than not he’s lying to manipulate people.
– Billionaires have too much power, and far too much money and need to return it to governments for massive investment in social programs like healthcare for Americans without any.
“all these billionaires and this 9 year old has to pay off his schoolmates’ lunch [debt]”
Jeet Heer (Retweeted Waleed Shahid):
“The Koch Brothers understand, and other billionaires do too, that centrist Dems are a crucial line of defense in stopping social democracy.”
– Canadian Conservative politicians have no feasible plan to deal with pollution, and their party leadership opposes real action to reduce pollution on time.
– Conservative Premiers put their federal party’s electoral wishes ahead of national unity and cooperation.
– Regina lacks the transportation infrastructure to meet its 100% renewable by 2050 target.
– The 2050 target is insufficient to meet our objective to survive the climate crisis.